I brought some rather gorgeous ‘largo’ parrot tulips home this weekend from work and it got me thinking how often I take flowers to friends and watch them plonk them in a vase or pop them in the sink till they get round to sorting them out. So my thought was to create a helpful top five tips for enjoying flowers in the house.
- Take wrapping off (yes I have seen this left on, ha ha)
- Cut off about an inch of stem at the bottom
- Pull leaves off bottom of stems (so its not floating round in the water going moldy)
- Find yummy container (my tulips are in a plant pot that I like) other good containers being jam jars, vases, old retro tin cans…..
- Find suitable position for flowers to be enjoyed and admired(because aren’t you good for having fresh flowers in the house!)
And there you have it, simple as pie!! Other flowers/plants to enjoy at this time of the year are potted bulbs, they might sound a bit old hat but we have been potting them up in sleek aluminium tins and they are selling like hot cakes!(photos to follow…)